Join Our Team!
We are looking for someone to join our support staff and help us keep things running smoothly in the church office. Check out the job description and apply below.
Provide administrative support to church staff and members
Hours Per Week: 28
Hours: 9:00am–4:00pm | Monday–Thursday (with a 30-minute lunch break)
- Serve as positive and informative initial contact for persons interacting with ICBC, whether by phone, social media or in person.
- Maintain church calendar, including coordination of schedules and appointments for staff, ministry teams, members and visitors.
- Type, file, answer phones and perform other general office duties.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail. Prepare mailings; utilize and maintain USPS bulk mail account.
- Maintain financial records of the church in QuickBooks and other financial platforms, including:
- Oversee posting/depositing of contributions received.
- Reconcile bank accounts.
- Prepare and distribute financial reports to leadership and teams.
- Prepare weekly bulletin, newsletter and other communication with input from staff and teams.
- Route calls and urgent ministry needs to appropriate staff, teams and members.
- Provide support for Pastors at meetings and events, including confirming that areas to be used are clean and furnished with necessary equipment and refreshments. Welcome meeting guests and be available to meet unanticipated needs.
- Plan, coordinate and book Pastors’ meeting and travel arrangements.
- Minister to needs of members and non-members, as needed.
- In all responsibilities, work independently and proactively, with minimal oversight from Pastors. Take initiative to solve problems and exercise good stewardship of church resources, enabling Pastors to focus on ministry responsibilities.
- High school diploma and/or some college.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks at one time with minimal oversight.
- Proficient in office technology, to include Microsoft Word, Publisher and Excel, social media and web design.
- Proficient in verbal and written communication, including strong grammar/spelling skills.
- Able to work with a variety of individuals in an environment that varies from near- solitude to one with frequent interruptions.
- Handle all information in a confidential manner.
- Display a vibrant pursuit and relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Agree and adhere to ICBC’s Statement of Faith.
How to Apply
Email your cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.
If you have questions, call or email the church office or talk to one of the Personnel Team members: Linda Parish, Renea Brown, Gary Glover, Judy Borden, Guy Weathers.